"This is God's idea. He made Himself the pattern. He chose us to be like Him and to represent Him in this world. This is the first and most important fact a woman can know about herself and her purpose. It ought to take our breath away."
This is a quote from the study I am currently doing, Understanding Purpose, and when read the above quote it gave me goosebumps. I have been doing Bible studies for many years now, but for some reason, this words did exactly as the author quoted above.... they took my breath away.
Imagine this....if you are not a seamstress... just pretend for vision's sake.... You see a beautiful dress in the window of a store. Perhaps you desire it or perhaps your daughter would love to wear it to her next dance. It is everything you would ever want in a dress... the cut... the shape... all the little details and accents. You walk into the store and look at the price and your heart sinks as you realize there is no way you can afford this dress. However, you are firmly convinced you could make it yourself for half the price!!
You head to the fabric store and find an identical pattern. You pick out the perfect fabric and accessories and head home to get to work! You carefully stitch and pay close attention to each little detail. Once the dress is complete.... you compare it in delight to the photo you took of the model dress from the store and you are awe struck as they appear nearly identical. Yes, there are some differences for sure, as the your dress could never completely be like the model dress as that one is the original. There are some vague stitch differences and variations in the way some of the accessories were applied, but over all, they are extremely similar and you are ecstatic with the finished product!
That is US my friends!!! God is the pattern!! He is the original, but we were patterned exactly after Him!! We were made to hold and contain all of His glorious attributes; kindness, creativity, patience, exceeding love, generosity, selflessness... you know I could go on and on and on!
Truly... take a moment and let this soak in .... You were made to resemble and represent the living God.
You weren't thrown together to just survive this often brutal world... you were MADE to represent God in all you do.
There could absolutely, hands down, inequivocolly be no greater purpose we could be assigned!!
This is great news my friends!! This mean that you may have to work it at and fight your flesh big time, but you have the ability to attain every attribute we share with God.
Here are some questions to ponder from the study.
1. How does this change your view of yourself? The value of your life and the significance of your actions? Your relationships with others? Can you imagine a higher calling?
2. How should our identity as God's image bearers transform how we value, respect and treat one another? How does this cast a vision of what we are to become?
3. What do you need most to help you reflect Him more authentically?
Read the following scriptures to help you learn more about the attributes God longs for us to reflect;
You are not just a blob of flesh and bone.... you were carefully knit together and patterned after the Almighty God!!!!
I pray that this realization begins changing your view of yourself, your abilities, your purpose and your calling in this lost and crazy world!!
Peace and Blessings
1. Kind words
2. A hug
3. A smooch! (depending on who it is!! LOL)
4.A sweet note
5 A sweet treat
6. A homemade gift
7. A phone call
8. A kind text
9. A hot coffee delivered!
10. A smile!
11. An encouraging word (especially when you can see someone desperately needs it!)
12. A surprise gift certificate!
13. Sneak in and clean their house!
14. Make someone laugh!!
15. Forgive someone!!
16. Bring Valentine's to a Nursing Home!
17. Pay for a random person's lunch, coffee or dinner!
18. Visit someone!
19.Leave a message on their car!
20. Tell someone how God used them in your life!
21. Show appreciation for someone who rarely receives it!
22. Show love to someone a little hard to love!
23. Hand out Hershey's kisses to random people!
24. Invite someone to lunch!
25. Deliver Valentine's at work!
26. Dedicate a song to someone on the radio!
27. Pray for God to continue to soften your heart!
28. Pray for others!
29. Put the needs of others in front of your own.
30. Thank someone... you have needed to thank for a long time!
Love... never fails.
Peace and Blessings
Hi There!! WELCOME! My name is Missy. I am 40 years old, I have a husband, 4 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a little bit of sanity! I love Jesus but struggle with letting Him lead. Join me on this crazy earthly journey where press on to win the race God lays before us. So one day... we can receive our crown!