So.... we are having a lazy, quiet Sunday evening! The kids all found something to do outside our earshot radius, so I pondered, what could Garrick and I do besides sit and mess with our phones or watch tv???
He is sitting next to me and does not know this yet, but he is going to be a participant in my blog today and partake in a spouse questionnaire!!
He is currently oblivious that I am even typing this and he is literally right next to me. He is playing some game on his phone and is TUNED out. How do men do that so easily??? Truly?? One of our kids just walked in and he didn't even look up. I am going to stare at him for a minute and see how long it takes for him to look back.... ok... here goes....
Boy... only a second!! I am impressed!!
So, it is important that couples communicate yes!! HOWEVER, they also need to learn to have fun in their communication. When is that last time you and your spouse had an intentional, real and fun conversation that did not revolve around kids, finances or stresses??
Every couples needs to laugh and learn together... so we are giving you a peek into our session of intentional communication!!
I asked Garrick the following questions....
1. Would you rather stay in or go out for date night? "I would rather go out, sit in a restaurant and talk or just sit on a bench and listen to music."
2. Would you rather play a board game or watch a movie with me? "I would rather watch a movie unless it was an 'adult board game.'"
3. Would you rather be a movie star or a famous musician? "I would rather be a musician and play a symphony instrument, like a violin." (this one shocked me! I learned something new about my husband!!)
4.Would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great-grandchildren? "Ancestors, I think it would make us appreciate what we have, if I went into the future I may be disgusted at how lazy the children are!"
5. Would you rather always speak your mind or never speak again? "I would rather always speak my mind." (good thing this one is not a real option!!)
6. Would you rather fail or never try? "I would rather fail."
7. Would you rather have more money or more time? "More money, because the stuff I want to do with my time, I often need more money to do."
8. What is one thing you hope to accomplish in the next 5 years? "I have no five year goals." (Really? Well, then, lets move on shall we!)
9. What is your favorite book of the Bible? "Job, its the story of my life." (It really kind of has been the past few years or six!)
10. Name one person in your life that inspires me to be a better person? "Famous Pastors that spend their life trying to live and serve Christ and confess when they make a mistake."
11. What makes me you most fulfilled or happiest as a husband? "When my wife and I are both fulfilling our Biblical roles as husband and wife and happy doing so."
12. What makes you most fulfilled or happiest as a father? "Spending quality time with my kids and watching my children make healthy and positive choices.(okay and sometimes bed time, he didn't say that, but I know he looks just as forward to it as I do some nights!!)
13. What are you looking forward to the most in the next year? "Time away with my wife."
14. In what area of your spiritual walk would you like to improve on? "Integrity, always owning and taking accountability for my mistakes."
15. If you weren't in the profession you are now, what would your dream profession be? "Having a doctorate in theology."
16. Name three qualities that attracted you to me when we first met? "Sensitivity, looks and personality."
17. Where is your dream destination? " I would love to go to Norway, Finland or Sweden."
18. If your house were on fire and you could grab 3 material items, what would they be? "My weapons, that's it." (Okay then, never mind our wedding photos, Jeesh!)
19. I laugh every time I think of you doing? "Golfing! (yes I am terrible at golfing, lets just say the grounds keeper has a lot to do once I leave the green!!)
20. In our marriage, what do you think we need more of? "Quality, alone time together."
Garrick and I have been together since 1994 and married since 2000 and I learned some new things about him tonight!! Like... the symphony thing? Who knew? Oh and that he has no goals for the next five years!! LOL It was both fun and refreshing!!!! I encourage all couples to take this time to learn, laugh, love and REFRESH!!!
Peace and Blessings