I will admit..... I can be easily amused with pet humor!
As I dig deep into the root of this crazy attribute of mine and I can easily pinpoint what the catalyst was for my minor obsession with animal entertainment.
My home growing up was pretty stressful and chaotic, HOWEVER, our two cats were a source of great comfort and humor. They were one of the very few things that brought laughter into our home and my mom was the queen of using our pets to create light heartedness and laughter in our otherwise pretty stressful environment.
So, bottom line, this was a learned behavior and in some ways, probably a coping mechanism. I have not outgrown this and really see no reason to. I am able to pass on the laughter to others. Some appreciate my humor, others may not, however, I have been able to transform many a human into a dog talking machine!! LOL
ANYHOO!!! I come to bring you some laughter this morning as I share with you a common "problem" around here for our Golden Retriever, Fozzy.
Garrick, for some miraculous reason, has been getting up earlier than me in the mornings. But every morning when I get up I have to ask him the same two questions....
"Did the dogs go outside?" AND "Did you give the dogs a treat?"
Fozzy general makes it very well known if he did not get his "entitled" morning treat.
Well, often, Garrick's response is, "No he didn't get a treat, he wouldn't go outside!"
UMMMMMMM........HMMMMMMMMMM. See, what Garrick doesn't understand is that is not part of the treat giving rules Fozzy has established. See, Fozzy has his own set of rules for treat giving and they simply do not align with Garrick's. Every morning I have to educate him on Fozzy's rules of treat giving and frankly, I am getting a bit tired of it, as is Foz!! LOL
Ergo, I am pondering posting a sign in the kitchen entitled, "Fozzy's Rules For Treats."
It goes something like this..
1. I get a treat for looking at you.
2. I get a treat for walking to the kitchen.
3. I get a treat for standing at the laundry room door (where coincidentally is where the treats are!)
4. I get a treat for LOOKING out the back door (OH AND, I looked at you again, so that is one more treat!)
5. I get a treat if you open the back door and I just stand there and look at you (Actually, that is two because I looked at you AGAIN!)
6. I get a treat even if the only reason I actually go outside is because you threatened my life (actually, that is 3, one because I looked at you again and another for mental injury!)
7. I get a smorgasboard of treats IF I actually go outside. You may as well just camp out at the laundry room door for a bit!
OH AND, I get a treat because you read my rules regarding treats!
So, there you have it! This is pretty much how the treat giving around here goes! It is basically a full time job and for some reason I am the only one that is really on board with it! LO
I pray this gave you a bit of a chuckle this morning!!!! Animals can be great therapy!! I thank God for the gift of animals all the time!!
Peace and Blessings
Your CRAZY Friend
Hi There!! WELCOME! My name is Missy. I am 40 years old, I have a husband, 4 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a little bit of sanity! I love Jesus but struggle with letting Him lead. Join me on this crazy earthly journey where press on to win the race God lays before us. So one day... we can receive our crown!